Our commitment to your privacy
We respect your right to privacy and your right to view and update the personal information we hold about you. We are committed to protecting your privacy when you visit our site or contact us in any way.
Your personal information
Collecting your personal information
If you access any of our services (including supporting our campaigns, contacting us with a business enquiry related to The Armory or signing up for our newsletters), you will need to provide us with some or all of the following personal information:
- Your name.
- Your email address.
- Your residential or postal address.
- Your credit card number, name on your card, expiry date and card verification code (CVC) code.
Collectively, this is known as your “personal information”.
Using your personal information
We collect and use your personal information to:
- Provide you with the products and services you sign up for.
- Administer your membership efficiently.
- Tell you about our new products, services and promotions: for example, if you are opted-in to email marketing communications we may email you to let you know about new content you may be interested in.
- To customise our marketing and advertising.
Changing your personal information
You have the right to view and change any personal information we hold about you at any time.
You can contact us on 0800 927 426 or at email@example.com.
Comments and community contributions
When you submit a comment or review, your Facebook profile display name is displayed with your comment. We do not publicly display any other personal information in our community areas. We strongly advise that you do not post your email address, home address, phone number or other personal information as part of your community contributions.
Disclosing your personal information
We will not sell or rent your personal information to any third party. But we will share your contact information with trusted third parties that work on our behalf to distribute our email or print communications. We also share your contact information with trusted third parties in order to customise our marketing and advertising.
We do not authorise third parties to use or disclose your personal information except for the purpose of providing the service we request from them. We require any third parties to contractually commit to protect the security and confidentiality of your personal information.
- Improve our website (for example, identify and promote popular reports); and
- Provide you with more targeted information where appropriate.
Temporary cookies: We may use temporary (per-session) cookies to “remember” that a member has logged in to our web site. This means you do not have to enter your email address and password more than once during a visit.
Please note: Our temporary cookies must be accepted to login and access armory.co.nz.
If your browser is set to notify you when you receive a cookie, you will be prompted to accept the cookie. Please select “Yes”.
Our temporary cookies will disappear when you logout of your member or The Armory account.
Important: You should not use a “remember my login” feature on a browser unless you are the only person who has access to the browser. Never enable this feature on a public access computer as this could allow other people to access your personal information.
Third party cookies and other technologies: We use third party cookies and other technologies for marketing and to gather website analytics. This includes:
- Remarketing: we use third party cookies – such as Google Analytics cookies – to keep track of the reports you’re interested in and remarket them to you when you leave our site (as a result, you may see ads from The Armory when you visit other websites).
- Impression reporting: we use web beacons to estimate the number of users that have viewed and clicked on our advertisements (as a result, we’re able to gauge the success of a campaign).
You can opt out of Google Analytics without affecting how you visit our site. For more information on opting out of being tracked by Google Analytics please visit this page.
You can also ask your browser to delete or block third party cookies: simply search online for “cookies” + the name of your internet browser (for example, “Google Chrome”) for step-by-step instructions.
We may contact you to:
- Clarify details about your membership.
- Respond to any enquiries you make.
- Provide any information necessary for the operation and security of our site.
If you are a member we may also contact you to advise of changes to our terms and conditions, services or new products or promotions.
All new members will be signed up to automatically receive email marketing communications. You can choose to remove yourself from email marketing communications by following the “unsubscribe” prompt at the bottom of each email.
Links to other websites
Our website or Facebook page/group may provide links to other websites when we consider you may be interested in the contents of those sites. We do not endorse any third party sites or their content and we have no control over the conduct of the companies or organisations operating those sites.
Before you disclose any personal information to another site, we advise you to check its terms and conditions, including its privacy and security policies.
The Armory is committed to dealing quickly and appropriately with any privacy complaints.
For more information on privacy see the Privacy Commissioner’s website.